At last, it’s an end to speculation with New York’s Bridal Fashion Week… we finally get a sneak preview of what’s to come next year! (And in all likelihood we will see these many of trends continue into 2015)
Wedding Dress Trends, Spring / Summer 2015
As always the show never fails to impress and this year the designers have conjured up an extremely diverse selection of inspired creations for Spring & Summer 2014.
As predicted, the 1920’s art deco influence on bridal dress designers remains strong.
Interestingly you will see that a number of designers have been drawing inspiration from the 1960’s.
In essence the most notable wedding dress trends for Spring & Summer 2014 include:
- Classic princess-cut dresses with a 2014 twist
- Also plenty of Mermaid shaped dresses
- Floor length gowns
- …alongside cuts above the knee
- Flowing trains
- Long capes
- Floor length, waterfall inspired veils
- Chic silhouettes
- Clean, sleek lines
- One shoulder wedding dresses
- Delicate lace embroidery
- Shimmering metallic materials
- Silver metallic embroidered corsets and bodices
- Asymmetrical cuts
- Stiff, accentuated peplums
- Glittering sequins and beading
- Monochrome from Vera Wang
- Baby blue and rose hued dresses
- …and even shorts and jumpers from Pronovias!
I’ve included below a small selection of (what were for us) the most notable wedding dresses in the show. A wider range can of course be viewed on our Pinterest site.